Day 2 - #bound

It's the Christmas season around my house...which means I'm cooking and baking a ton. With more parties than are necessary planned, I'm testing out recipes to use. It's interesting to me what traditions and practices I'm most likely to follow from year to year. The clear winner is baking. I'm destined to both cook and eat more than I should over the month of December, and while food is definitely a southern tradition, it definitely borders on gluttony. But our traditions are bound up in the food we eat, from cookies to casseroles. And while we come close to eating ourselves sick, we also participate in the traditions of our family, our heritage. It's a good balance to have to make.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding God in the Rhythm

The gospel according to Gaga

Finding solace amidst messages of hate